ARROW MCLAREN SP – EXPAND MACHINERY PARTNERSHIP
Arrow McLaren SP is announcing a new multi-year partnership with Expand Machinery. As an associate partner of Arrow McLaren SP, the Expand Machinery branding will be featured on both the No. 5 Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet piloted by Pato O’Ward and the No. 7 Vuse Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet piloted by Felix Rosenqvist during the 2021 NTT INDYCAR SERIES season.
Arrow McLaren SP represents three determined entities – Arrow Electronics, McLaren Racing and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports – who joined forces at the end of 2019 in a strategic partnership with a clear aim: to compete for the NTT INDYCAR SERIES championship and the Indianapolis 500.
The team secured two race wins during a successful 2020 campaign, alongside three pole positions and five podium finishes. Those strong results saw the team finish third in the driver’s championship in 2020 with Pato O’Ward, taking the fight down to the final race of the season in Long Beach.
Arrow McLaren SP is continuously looking to move forward in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES not just on the track but off. The team is committed to pushing the envelope on engineering and development to reach the highest performance possible. Our partnership with Expand Machinery allows us to achieve that goal with top-line machinery in house. They are a great part of the team.
— Taylor Kiel, President, Arrow McLaren SP
Arrow McLaren SP High Level Stats
- 9 NTT INDYCAR SERIES wins
- 9 NTT INDYCAR SERIES pole positions
- 37 NTT INDYCAR SERIES podiums
- 3rd in 2021 Championship standings
- Two Indianapolis 500 pole positions
Arrow McLaren SP Breakdown
- Simon Pagenaud: 4
- James Hinchcliffe: 3
- Pato O’Ward: 2
- Pagenaud: 10
- Hinchcliffe: 10
- Pato O’Ward: 9
- Robert Wickens: 4
- Mikhail Aleshin: 2
- Marcus Ericcson: 1
- Oliver Askew: 1
Patricio (Pato) O’Ward, born May 6, 1999 is a native of Monterrey, Mexico and attended high school in San Antonio, Texas. O’Ward is in his 3rd NTT INDYCAR SERIES full season with Arrow McLaren SP, having made 17 INDYCAR starts with the team in 2021.
- Won his first race of his NTT INDYCAR SERIES career at Texas Motor Speedway on May 2nd, 2021.
- Shortly following he secured his second victory at Race Two of the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix. O’ Ward
- Secured 3 INDYCAR pole positions in 2021
- Finished the 2021 NTT INDYCAR SERIES season 3rd in the Championship
- Won the 2018 Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires with Andretti Autosport
- Won the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar championship in the Prototype Challenge class, winning both the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring.
- In his free time, O’Ward enjoys karting and fitness training – especially boxing and weight training.
A native of Värnamo, Sweden, born November 7, 1991 Felix Rosenqvist is making his 2nd NTT INDYCAR SERIES debut with Arrow McLaren SP, having made 15 starts with the team in the 2021 season. A major incident in Detroit Race One caused him to miss two races that season.
- Won his first NTT INDYCAR SERIES race in 2020 at Road America
- Was awarded NTT INDYCAR SERIES Rookie of the year in 2019.
- 2015 FIA Formula 3 European champion
- Two-time Masters of F3 and Macau Grand Prix victor
- Three-time Formula Renault title winner